Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to Blog.

     This blog is just going to be random thoughts, ideas, comments, questions, and a bunch of other stuff. Who knows. I certainly don't.

     If you type in the phrase, "how to blog" into Google, you end up with three hundred and sixty seven million results or 367,000,000 results (I couldn't figure out if writing the number out fully looked more impressive than the actual number so I just did both).  I dislike how there are so many blogs out there about blogging. It seems pretty easy to me. I'll tell you how to do it. Here it is. Brace yourselves. Write. About what you know. There it is. That's what blogging is. Doesn't matter which topic (though blogging about blogging seems pretty big. I wonder if anyone has thought of blogging about blogging about blogging). If you write about what you know, you will do well. If you are an ice cream truck driver trying to blog about real estate, you're doing it wrong. If you are an astronaut blogging about space, you are doing it right. If you are a camel blogging about the speed limit in Montana, you are doing it wrong (but you are still impressive because you are a camel). If you are a zebra blogging about stripes, you are doing it right (also impressive).

     But when it comes down to it, there really is no right or wrong way. If I wanted to blog about anteaters, I could, however, I know nothing about them (they eat ants, right?). If I wanted to blog about ice cream truck astronauts who dabble in real estate throughout the crowded zebra and camel filled savanna of Montana, I could, right? That's what I like about the internet. Anything goes. I figure I'd let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment